The annual MSHRM membership year is calendar year Jan 1 - December 31. Regardless of when you join during the calendar year you're membership will expire on December 31st.
*Please see member types below before proceeding.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST MAKE PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD (ONLY) WHEN YOU COMPLETE A NEW MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION OR RENEW. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO "GO BACK" TO MAKE PAYMENT.
For new members: Once the registration and payment are completed your application will go through a quick approval process and you'll receive a "Welcome" email with your instructions on how to log in.
If your membership has expired you will not be able to log in and must use the Apply For Membership option to join again.
Thank you for your interest!
The Massachusetts Society for Healthcare Risk Management (MSHRM) is a professional organization endeavoring to advance healthcare risk management, loss prevention and patient safety.
On behalf of the Membership Committee, we would like to extend an invitation for you to join.
By becoming a MSHRM member you can participate in educational offerings, professional development, networking and peer recognition. You will also have access to our web site, with a members only section, to stay current on chapter happenings as well as updates on employment opportunities, regulatory and other industry developments.
Twice a year MSHRM presents day long, on site (suspended during the pandemic) educational and business meetings on timely topics. Educational web based meetings are also held throughout the year to enhance the educational value and experience for members. MSHRM participates in presenting the Annual New England Regional Healthcare Risk Management Conference.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Society and offering you the many benefits of a MSHRM membership!
Membership in the Society shall consist of persons who are, or were actively involved in healthcare risk management functions with or for health care entities and organizations.
There are four types of membership:
A. Active Member (voting member): $55.00
- An employee of a health care entity or a health care organization or any affiliate/subsidiary thereof who is actively involved in risk management, quality, performance improvement, patient safety, compliance or legal services responsibilities in such health care entity, health care organization or affiliate or subsidiary thereof.
- An employee who is actively involved in the risk management responsibilities of a captive or risk management service company or program; and,
- Private consultants, representatives of insurance agencies, brokerages and companies, academicians and attorneys, who are involved in risk management, performance improvement, patient safety, compliance or legal services responsibilities for or on behalf of a health care entity or health care organization as defined in Article II.
B. Student Member (Non- Voting): $35.00
- A full-time or part-time student enrolled in a health care profession, including but not limited to medical, nursing, dental, pharmacy, physical therapy, psychology, medical social work, speech pathology or occupational therapy.
- A full-time or part-time student enrolled in a graduate level health administration, public health, healthcare MBA, public administration, or health care information management program or patient safety.
C. Honorary Member (Non-Voting): $55.00
- State or federal regulators involved in the oversight, discipline, or licensure of health care entities, organizations or professionals.
- Individuals nominated by at least two voting members and approved by a majority of the board, provided that these individuals have demonstrated through their work or research a commitment to further the development of health care risk management, quality, performance improvement or patient safety.
D. Emeritus Member (Non-Voting): $10.00
- A retired Active Member as defined in Section A, above.
- A person who formerly met the criteria of an Active Member as that term is defined in Section A who is now working in another capacity in the healthcare field or in community service section organizations.
Membership in the Society shall become effective upon:
(a) receipt of a properly completed application form, ( b ) receipt of appropriate dues, and ( c ) approval of the application by the Membership Committee in accordance with the Society Bylaws and criteria developed by said Committee and approved by the Board of Directors of the Society.
The annual membership year is calendar year Jan 1 - December 31. You will need to renew on 12/31 regardless of when you join during the calendar year.
Annual membership renewal dues are accepted (and reminders sent out) for the upcoming calendar year from October 1 through December 31 in order to be eligible for the MSHRM member registration rate for the MSHRM meetings, webinars, conference and other member benefits. Memberships not renewed by that time may not take advantage of member rates.
New membership applications are accepted for review and approval at any time during the calendar year, but if an application is submitted, approved and dues paid from calendar year January 1 to September 1, the new member can take advantage of the member rates for MSHRM educational programs (including the Annual Fall Educational Conference, typically occurring between September 1 – Nov 1).